The 10th edition of the Living Knowledge Conference will take place from 26-28 June 2024 at the University of Girona. Under the theme "Building and sustaining next generation engagement" it aims to bring together all involved in doing or supporting research with and for communities, including those newer to the field. If you are working with or supporting community-based research, engaged research, citizen science, science shops or similar, and are ready to favor interactive sessions over one-way presentations, you are welcome to submit your proposal by 23 December 2023.
The Call for Proposals is looking for submissions in the following topics of the next generation:
- Curriculum: Engaged Research embedded in the curriculum and next generation of teachers.
- Genuine engagement: Participatory techniques vs rhetoric’s on participatory based research; Cooperation vs engagement; Science Shops and Citizen Science/Living Labs; power relations.
- Leaders: young researchers and practitioners– specific track for this group – and how to support researchers.
- Overcoming barriers: How to support local communities (transdisciplinary and across universities); influence of political restrictions on community-based work.
- Engagement policy and funding: Policy dimension and advocacy for community engagement/citizen science/RRI in next EU funding programme; governance of research; assessment and funding of participation.
- Impact: Transformative and impactful collaboration (from knowledge to implementation)
- Strategy: From in house to local to global; from values to strategy: changing institutes’ strategy.
- Futures: participation for Horizon Europe Missions and SDGs.
The deadline for submission is 23 December 2023. The conference will be held at the Universitat de Girona (Girona, Spain) from 26-28 June 2024.