IAU and CA are pleased to announce the call for papers for a special issue of the Higher Education Policy Journal “Higher Education and Research for Sustainable Development: A New Academic Discipline?”. The aim of the two Prizes, each awared with 2 000 EUR, is to promote research in the field of higher education policy by recognizing outstanding work by two scholars: one from IAU and one from CA Member Institutions or Organisations.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 16th January 2017.
An MoU between CA and IAU was signed at the COPERNICUS Alliance Conference 2016 in Vienna on 15th September 2016. This paves the way for cooperation on developing guidelines for integration of SD at all institutional levels to serve the UNESCO Global Action Plan of ESD.
- development of a joint special issue of the the Higher Education Policy journal
- allocation of funds for prizes for papers
- development of IAU HESD portal
- systematic mutual invitation to CA/IAU events
- development of professional training programmeon HESD leadership
For more details read the Memorandum of Understanding
The conference was held from September 14th-15th 2016 at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria. Have a look at the outcomes and photos!