Nottingham Trent University is to host a new research centre, UK INDEMAND, in partnership with the universities of Cambridge, Leeds and Bath. The centre is now advertising for 3 Research Fellow posts and and 3 PhD Studentships.
Research Fellowships (deadline for applications, 23 June
Research Fellow in Product Lifetimes - to increase knowledge and understanding of key factors influencing product longevity in the UK.
Research Fellow in Sustainability, Value and Depreciation - to increase knowledge and understanding of how the value of products changes over time, in markets and in people’s perceptions.
Research Fellow in Product Life Extension - to increase knowledge and understanding of people’s willingness and
ability to maintain, repair and upgrade products.
Please clickherefor further information about the posts.
PhD Studentships (Deadline for applications, 8 July 2013):
Proposals should address one or more of the following topics:
- Consumer preferences and market demand for premium quality products
- The relationship between price and quality
- How and why products depreciate in value over time
- The growth of ‘discount retailers’ and the affordability of quality
- Business models and systems of provision for repair and reuse
- Economic implications of increased product lifetimes
- Challenging passive product-user relationships through make it yourself, upcycling and repair through networked learning
- Community based social innovation such as repair cafes - Design for upgradability and/or adaptability
- Trade-offs between durability and recyclability
- Use and reuse through collaborative consumption
Please click here for further information and a link to the application form.