The second Spring Campus of the „University Alliance for Sustainability“ will take place from March 27-31, 2017 at Freie Universität Berlin. The Spring Campus will be on the topic: “Societal Transformation to Sustainability: Universities as Pacesetters?”
Following a whole institution approach, the spring campus will bring researchers, management staff, as well as PhD candidates and students together to contribute to the discussion of the event’s topic. During the Opening Day renowned keynote speakers will address the opportunities and challenges of the societal transformation to sustainability with special regard for the role of universities as societal actors. Furthermore, we will discuss the integral functions that academic research has on political decisions, community development and the education of our students.
On Tuesday and Wednesday (March 28 and 29) we will continue with a program of workshops running in parallel. Researchers may choose to participate in one of the 3 Research Incubators:
- Workshop I : “Governing by Numbers - The Role of Indicators, Data and Empirical Evidence in the Political Transformation to Sustainability” chaired by Prof. Philipp Lepenies (FUB)
- Workshop II : “Managing Responsibility of Research at Universities” chaired by Dr. Klaus Jacob (FUB)
- Workshop III : “Climate Change in Cities: Mitigation and Adaptation” chaired by Prof. Sahar Sodoudi (FUB)
- Workshop IV : "Feasible or Illusion: Economic Globalization and Decarbonization?" chaired by Prof. Kurt Hübner (UBC), Dr. Achim Brunnengräber (FUB)
Researchers and university management staff working in the field of participation and community outreach programs are invited to participate in the following workshop:
- Workshop V : “Participation as Trigger for Committed University Communities” chaired by Andreas Wanke, Katrin Risch (FUB)
PhD students are invited to extend their stay for our doctoral program from March 30-31. Details will follow shortly.
For more information on the program and the registration visit the website of the University Alliance for Sustainability.