The Global Goals Teach In is an initiative to put the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs) at the heart of education and catalyze the change needed to make this happen. The annual campaign calls on educators across all stages of education to pledge to include the SDGs in their teaching and learning in the period from 22 February to 5 March 2021.
The Global Goals Teach In is organized by SOS-UK (Students Organising for Sustainability) and has been endorsed by multiple organizations including the CA. It responds to an increasing demand: According to the latest SOS-UK research, 83 per cent of students would like to see sustainable development actively incorporated and promoted through all courses, and the Global Goals Teach In is a springboard for meaningful engagement in this area. Its aims are to:
- raise awareness of the importance of sustainable development
- catalyze curriculum reform and test new ideas
- embed sustainability and social responsibility across all learning
- link teaching, learning, and assessment to local and global concerns
- prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and attributes to tackle the world's greatest challenges