The COPERNICUS Alliance aims to invest in members' activities by putting 20% of its annual budget aside to fund members’ initiatives. Activities that contribute to the overall CA ambition to build capacity in higher education for sustainable development can be supported providing they fulfill the conditions stipulated in the fund regulations. In 2017, we will be able to fund up to six projects, awarding each with up to 1,000 EUR. There are three calls for proposals to apply for the fund:
- 1st call deadline: 28th February 2017
- 2nd call deadline: 31st May 2017
- 3rd call deadline: 30th September 2017
Regulations for COPERNICUS Alliance Capacity Building Micro Fund
Activities might involve (but are not limited to):
- Networking (CA capacity building)
What can be funded:
- Printing costs
- Travel and/or accommodation of guest speakers
- Conference rooms
What the fund is not eligible for:
- Travel grants to conferences or workshops
- Internal institution workshops
- Internal capacity building
To ensure a fair procedure the following requirements need to be met:
- Only full institutional members are eligible to apply for the fund.
- The initiative needs to involve at least two members of the CA.
- The main organiser of the initiative needs to be a CA member.
- The aim and outcome of the initiative needs to meet the goals and vision of the COPERNICUS Alliance.
Each member institution can apply with one project per call and receive maximum one micro fund per year. The decision on funding is taken by the Advisory Board members. The results will be communicated within one month after the application deadlines.
To receive the fund, applicants have to
- carry out the event as described in the application,
- add the CA logo to respective dissemination of funded initiatives and promote the CA where possible (e.g. distribute flyers to participants of workshops, add the logo to publications, …),
- report on the outcomes in the CA website and newsletter,
- prove evidence of expenditures by providing invoices, and
- send the completed the reporting form.
Application Form and Reporting Form